(Simultaneous interpretation without a booth)
The interpreter is located among the participants and interprets the speaker's words, at the same time as he speaks, into the ear of a maximum of two listeners. If there are more than two listeners, a tour guide-type audio set is used: the interpreter speaks into a microphone and the listeners receive the interpretation through headphones.
- May be suitable for a small group of listeners
- In situations where a booth is impractical or where the participants move from place to place
- No time loss for the listener, but if he/she wants to take part in the discussion, their contribution will have to be interpreted after they speak (i.e. consecutively)
- Not suitable for all venues
- The noise of the interpretation may disturb other participants